Job Opening: Associate Community Engagement Manager
Are you passionate about improving quality of life for all? Pattan & Co. is hiring a part-time Associate Community Engagement Manager with room to grow into a full-time role.
How To Apply
To apply, please email the following to Lindsay Pattan using the email address Lindsay@LindsayPattan.com with the subject line "Associate Community Engagement Manager: [Insert Your Name Here]" by August 4, 2017. Resumes submitted for this opportunity will remain on file until December 31, 2018.
- Current address
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- 3-5 Professional References (We will not contact references until after an initial interview is executed.)
- Passionate about improving quality of life for residents of St. Louis
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to open and proactive communication
- Ability to motivate people to take action to improve their neighborhoods
- Attention to detail and a high level of discretion
- Strong understanding of strategic messaging and positioning
- Experience managing events with some degree of autonomy
- Experience working with local media; personal relationships a plus
- Ability to field difficult questions gracefully and graciously
- Self-discipline and rigorous work ethic
- Comfortable speaking in public, even in tense situations
- Prior canvassing, community outreach, and organizing experience
- Commitment to strategic and effective public engagement as a civic duty and the backbone of democracy
- Resident of St. Louis City
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) a plus
- Manage multiple field teams at a time, while maintaining high team morale
- Manage a variety of office, communications, events, and placemaking projects
- Autonomously handle production of events and experiential activations
- Join field teams for canvassing and other outreach efforts
- Execute on database fulfillment, data entry, and reporting projects
- Support principal and senior consultants on research, strategy, and planning projects
- Support fundraising and business development initiatives
Job Type: Part-time, Project Basis
Compensation: $20.00/hour at 10-40 hours/week (Monthly and/or project based contracts)
Job Location: St. Louis, MO
Hiring Timeline: August-December, 2017 (Needs and workload vary)
Language Requirements: ENGLISH
Car/License Requirements: NONE
Certifications Requirements: NONE
Residency Requirements: St. Louis City
Physical/Labor Requirements: Ability to walk or stand for at least 3 hours per shift while carrying up to 5 pounds of materials; Ability to stand for up to 5 hours at a time, and carry and set up 15-25 pound table
Office Requirements: Must be able to work in the office, attend scheduled meetings, effectively manage a personal calendar, and work remotely with self-driven accountability.
Clients, partners, project details and other pertinent information will be provided in full any time an offer is made. Prior to an offer being made, Pattan & Co. reserves the right to re-request availability and other information. Pattan & Co, Lindsay Ryan Pattan, and affiliated partners are in no way obligated to hire or pay those who apply for this position.
Interviews will be held on an ongoing, as-needed basis. Candidates may be asked to re-apply for select projects based on procurement policies, equal opportunity policies, varying project scope and required qualifications, and other variables.
Pattan & Co. (Pattan, Lindsay Ryan) is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equal access to services. Accordingly, Pattan & Co. employees, applicants for employment, and contractors are treated equitably regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or veteran status.
All Pattan & Co. contracts and vendor agreements shall contain nondiscrimination clauses as mandated by the Governor's Executive Order 94-3, Article XIII. Such clauses shall also contain assurances of compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), as amended; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and other pertinent civil rights laws and regulations.