RFQ (Part-Time Job Opportunities): Canvassers ($15/Hour)
Are you a go-getter looking for part-time, project based work? Do you care about improving quality of life for the residents of St. Louis City? Pattan & Co. is hiring canvassers for a variety of projects and clients throughout St. Louis' central corridor. If you or someone you know is looking for a foot in the door to a career in organizing, advocacy, politics and/or community engagement, please consider the following entry-level opportunity.
How To Apply
To apply, please email the following to Lindsay Pattan using the email address Lindsay@LindsayPattan.com with the subject line "Canvasser Application: [Insert Your Name Here]" by August 11, 2017. Resumes submitted for this opportunity will remain on file until December 31, 2018.
- Current address (Must be a resident of St. Louis City)
- Resume or CV
- Brief description of why you are interested in this role, and why you feel you are qualified
*Please include in the body of your email, not as an attachment.
- Name, title and affiliation, relationship, and contact information for at least one professional reference (We will not contact references until after an initial interview is executed.)
- Passionate about improving quality of life for residents of St. Louis
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Ability to motivate people to take action to improve their neighborhoods
- Ability to field difficult questions gracefully and graciously
- Self-discipline and rigorous work ethic
- Must be able to consistently arrive on time (car/license not necessary, metrolink passes provided to qualifying employees)
- Some prior canvassing, community outreach or organizing experience a plus
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) a plus
- Distribute information to target residents, employees, and visitors
- Mobilize target residents to community meetings, and actions
- Get residents to provide input through surveys, polls, and dialogue
- Report progress to supervisor after every shift
- Meet number goals set with supervisor
Job Type: Part-time, Project Basis
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Job Location: St. Louis, MO
Hiring Timeline: August-December, 2017 (Needs & Available Hours Vary)
Language Requirements: ENGLISH
Car/License Requirements: NONE
Certifications Requirements: NONE
Residency Requirements: St. Louis City (Residents of impacted neighborhoods for each area will receive priority consideration)
Physical/Labor Requirements: Ability to walk for at least 2 hours per shift while carrying up to 5 pounds of materials; Ability to carry and set up 15-25 pound table
Clients, partners, project details and other pertinent information will be provided in full any time an offer is made. Prior to an offer being made, Pattan & Co. reserves the right to request availability information. Pattan & Co, Lindsay Ryan Pattan, and affiliated partners are in no way obligated to hire or pay those who fulfill this RFQ. This RFQ is strictly a request for qualifications, and offers will be made on an individual basis after thorough review, including an in-person or phone interview.
Interviews will be held on an ongoing, as-needed basis. Candidates may be asked to re-apply for select projects based on procurement policies, equal opportunity policies, varying project scope and required qualifications, and other variables.
Pattan & Co. (Pattan, Lindsay Ryan) is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equal access to services. Accordingly, Pattan & Co. employees, applicants for employment, and contractors are treated equitably regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or veteran status.
All Pattan & Co. contracts and vendor agreements shall contain nondiscrimination clauses as mandated by the Governor's Executive Order 94-3, Article XIII. Such clauses shall also contain assurances of compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), as amended; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended and other pertinent civil rights laws and regulations.