Now Hiring: Project Coordinator (Temporary)
Pattan & Co. is hiring! We're seeking a project coordinator with 1-3 years of experience to assist with our busy summer season. If you're looking for fulfilling, interesting work alongside smart, enthusiastic colleagues who value kindness, compassion, and social justice, we want to meet you.
Pattan & Co. is a collaborative, interdisciplinary consultancy specializing in strategic planning, project management, and communications. Our firm is best known for intuitive organizational design, team building and vendor procurement, strategic communications, and high touch, inclusive community engagement. We work only with individuals and organizations whose values and goals align with our mission to improve quality of life for all throughout the St. Louis region.
The Pattan & Co. team is empathetic, strategic, and progressive. Our network of experienced, driven consultants allows us to design teams and programs that are fine tuned to achieve their goals. Our approach is rooted in pragmatic creativity and corporate sustainability, with an unrelenting focus on outcomes. We balance tried and true traditional practices with modern methods, often innovating our own solutions. We greatly value data, but also understand that it offers only one part of the story.
About The Job
We are currently seeking a project coordinator to join our team during the busy summer season. The individual who fills this position will assist all team members on priority projects and will be expected to own coordination of small projects independently. Work varies and could include, but will not be limited to, information analysis, community outreach, volunteer coordination, event organizing, office errands, administrative duties, preparation of proposals and presentations, and prospecting. This person should be comfortable with data input, analysis and communication through charts, graphs and maps, and should have familiarity with NGP VAN or similar tools, excel, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and project management and time tracking applications.
All Pattan & Co. team members have varying weekly schedules, so flexibility is a must! Evenings, weekends, and early mornings are all possibilities. Working remotely is encouraged any time it makes sense for the project, and we do our best to respect each other's off-time.
- Passionate about improving quality of life for residents of St. Louis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and communicate data in multiple formats
- Commitment to open and proactive communication
- Ability to motivate people to take action to improve their neighborhoods
- Attention to detail and a high level of discretion
- Strong understanding of strategic messaging and positioning
- Ability to manage small projects and events with autonomy
- Ability to field difficult questions graciously
- Self-discipline and rigorous work ethic
- Strong public speaking skills even in tense situations
- Prior canvassing, community outreach, and organizing experience
- Commitment to strategic and effective public engagement
- Create charts, graphs, maps, presentations, and other communication pieces
- Manage multiple field teams or volunteer groups at a time while maintaining high morale
- Assist with a variety of office, communications, engagement, and placemaking projects
- Autonomously handle production of events and experiential activations
- Join field teams for canvassing and other outreach efforts
- Execute on database fulfillment, data entry, and reporting projects
- Input and analyze information and data, assist team with synthesis
- Support principal and senior consultants on research, strategy, and planning projects
- Support fundraising and business development initiatives
Job Type: Temporary, Part-Time to Full-Time, Contract Work
Compensation: $20.00/hour (20-40 hours/Week)
Job Location: St. Louis, MO
Hiring Timeline: March 13 - April 30, 2018
Contract Timeline: May 1 - August 31, 2018
How To Apply
To apply, please email the following to Lindsay Pattan using the email address Lindsay@LindsayPattan.com with the subject line "Project Coordinator" by March 31, 2018. Resumes submitted for this opportunity will remain on file until December 31, 2019.
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- 3 Professional References
Language Requirements: English
Car/License Requirements: Valid Driver's License & Vehicle Access Required
Certifications Requirements: None
Residency Requirements: St. Louis Metro Area
Physical/Labor Requirements: Ability to walk or stand for at least 3 hours per shift while carrying up to 10 pounds of materials; Ability to stand for up to 5 hours at a time, and carry and set up 15-20 pound table
Office Requirements: Must be able to work in the office, attend scheduled meetings, effectively and proactively manage a personal calendar, and work remotely with self-driven accountability.
Clients, partners, project details and other pertinent information will be provided in full any time an offer is made. Prior to an offer being made, Pattan & Co. reserves the right to re-request availability and other information. Pattan & Co, Lindsay Ryan Pattan, and affiliated partners are in no way obligated to hire or pay those who apply for this position.
Pattan & Co. is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equal access to services. Accordingly, Pattan & Co. employees, applicants for employment, and contractors are treated equitably regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or veteran status.